Search This Blog

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Down the Meandering Road

Some of the best memories are the spontaneous side journeys that one takes in life. I like to research before going on a camping trip, but I always leave a lot of time for impromptu local sights or anything that comes up along the way.

As we headed over to our cottage, the Beach and Breeze, for Shabbos, we passed by The Great Canadian Soap Company. As a former soap maker myself, I felt that we had to stop. Once they saw that there were animals, it didn't take that much convincing.




 Somehow, I forgot to take pictures of the soap! They had delicious smelling creams and soap. Based on the mosquito infestation at Stanhope, I decided to pick up one of their Bug Bite Relief Body Butter.

The next stop was The Toy Company in New Glasgow. Here is a peek into the workshop where they make all of their handmade wooden toys.
 They had a small play area outside with a picnic table. It was lunch time, so we decided to eat in the idyllic surroundings of rolling hills and country farms. They had adorable wooden cut-outs of a princess and knight which kept my kids enthralled while I made grilled cheese sandwiches on our camping stove.
 All around me were gorgeous vegetable gardens, fruit trees, and berry bushes.  What a perfect and peaceful spot to stop for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment