Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A Page From My Journal

Quiet cold morning, our last day here at Lost River Campground in New Hampshire. I awoke while it is still dark outside but am afraid to walk to the bathrooms in the darkness. Wouldn't this be a perfect time for bears to come out? I listened for sounds of the morning symphony of chirps and looked for the morning light. The softest sounds of bird chatter can be heard but no light. It must be around 4 a.m.

The good thing about camping is that you get your sleep...if it doesn't rain, and isn't too cold and uncomfortable. We have had nights like that in Maine. Of course, Mr. Framper slept even better when we were being pelted by rain.

Even though this camping vacation wasn't exactly what I aspired it to be, it was a great first family camping experience. There was a lot of whining and fighting, more than I had anticipated.

There were moments of campfires and s'mores. There was chatter and coziness in the tent. There were local day trips, and the main goal of relaxation and disconnect was achieved! Now if we can only take some of that energy back with us.

Wow, it's pretty cold out. I didn't realize that I might need gloves for summer camping! My feet are frozen even though I'm wearing wool socks. Summer in the north. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment